Apple Crumble? Apple Crisp? Apple Cobbler?
3 oatmeal containers
1 apple juice
1 sugar pour
As many butter packets as you can fit in your pockets
2 trailrunner bars
To acquire your ingredients, start first in the oatmeal section. Picking up 3 containers of your choice, (I prefer sugar&spice) head over to the coffee station. Pour the brown sugar into one of your oatmeal containers until the contents reach ¾ the way to the top. Head over to the toast station and grab butter packets LIBERALLY. From the salad bar, put almond slices into a bowl UNLESS you are allergic to nuts. After grabbing 8 apples, 2 trailrunner bars and a lemon from the checkout counter, you are on your way to creating your very own apple crumble, only using ingredients from the caf.
Note: A mix of red and green apples works well, but is not necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Quarter apples and cut into thin shapes of your choosing. Add 3 spoonfuls of brown sugar, juice from half a lemon, 1-4 butter packets and 1 container of oatmeal to the bowl. Mix.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over the bottom of a baking pan. Drizzle lightly with apple juice and lemon juice.
- In the bowl, add all the remaining contents of the oatmeal containers, butter packets, lemon juice and ¼ cup of apple juice. Stir. You want the mix on the drier side, as too much apple juice will make it slightly mushy.
- Spread evenly on top of the apple mixture.
- Crumble the trailrunner bars into small pieces and sprinkle over top of the oat mixture.
- Top with almond slices and sprinkle with brown sugar and any remaining butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
This crumble is best served warm with yogurt or ice cream, depending on your preferred level of sweetness. Optional additions (depending on what you have available in your pantry) include: cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts, applesauce, bourbon, or coconut oil.
I realize this recipe requires the use of an oven and baking pan which are not equally accessible. I have confidence that this recipe could be made using the microwave and/or a hotplate. To cook apples in the microwave, cut into cubes and place in a bowl slightly filled with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Keep your suggestions and comments rolling in to firstname.lastname@example.org. You never fail to inspire me!